Woolton House was built in 1867 as a wedding present to Mr John Cross, a surgeon, and his new wife. From that day to this, the house has been used continually as a medical practice, adapting successfully to the many changes in health care provision over the years.
The practice covers a diverse area but the practice list of nine thousand is mainly located in the suburban village of Woolton, which became part of the City of Liverpool in the early 20th century.
We are a six partner practice also employing three salaried GPs and as a training practice we have the opportunity to work with registrars on a regular basis. During the 1960s the practice was one of the first in the country to voluntarily establish a rotational training scheme for trainee GPs linking with colleagues at the Women's Hospital, Alder Hey Children's Hospital and Stockbridge Village Health Centre. We also have links with the University of Liverpool Medical School teaching 4th year medical students on a weekly basis.
The practice is always striving to improve services to its patients and is often involved in a number of health pilot projects.
Woolton House is a modern practice offering high quality care to its patients plus a broad and highly prioritised training programme for junior doctors.