Welcome to Our Practice
Woolton House Medical Centre is a modern practice offering high quality care to its patients plus a broad and highly prioritised training programme for junior doctors.
Woolton House was built in 1867 as a wedding present to Mr John Cross, a surgeon, and his new wife. From that day to this, the house has been used continually as a medical practice, adapting successfully to the many changes in health care provision over the years.
The practice covers a diverse area but the practice list of nine thousand is mainly located in the suburban village of Woolton, which became part of the City of Liverpool in the early 20th century. Find out more about the Medical Centre...
• The surgery is moving to telephone consultations due to the coronavirus. You may be asked to attend for a face to face consultation following this.
• Please put repeat prescription requests into the post box at the side of the practice.
• We will send prescriptions to your local pharmacy if possible.
• We will post sick notes out to you.
• If possible, register for the NHS App on your phone for online access.
HEARING AID SCREENING CLINIC EVERY OTHER THURSDAY STARTING IN SEPTEMBER - PLEASE SEE IN SURGERY FOR MORE DETAILS
Important information on who needs to wear a face covering and how to download an exemption certificate if you are unable to.Read More
NHS Blood and Transplant is collecting COVID-19 convalescent plasma for a major coronavirus treatment trial, and if the trial is successful, widespread use in hospitals.Read More
The NHS turns 72 on Sunday 5 July. Show your appreciation for NHS staff by taking part in the biggest ever ‘Clap for Carers’ at 5pm.Read More